10 best home exchange experiences of this summer. 10 travelers from the community. 10 amazing hosts.A getaway to a near unexplored destination or a trip overseas to the other side of the world. Our community enjoyed their holiday in homes of other travelers all over the world. They have discovered authentic places thanks to the kindness and tips of their hosts. Without further ado, these are the trips of this summer we are green with envy over.
1. Jose Manuel's holiday in Paris (France)Jose Manuel joined MyTwinPlace a year ago to try home exchange and since then he has traveled to many places, the last one of which was Paris. He stayed at Eric’s home, where you can see the Eiffel Tower from the windows. We are positive that the photos don't do it justice!
Our experience in this apartment was perfect. First of all Eric is a great host, thanks for everything. The house is awesome. Every room has stunning views. You have the Eiffel tower everywhere around you. It's wonderfully decorated. - Jose Manuel's review (September 2016)
2. Yaara's trip to Varenna (Italia)Traveling to a destination far from the city is always a good idea for the summer. Yaara went to Varenna to enjoy a relaxing getaway and her experience was incredible. The apartment was perfect, Luigi deserves the 5 star review for showing Yaara around Varenna!
It was the most beautiful place I have ever been! Add to that the hosting of Luigi and you have the perfect vacation! He came to pick us up from the train station all the way to the apartment, gave us a tour, he told us about us about all the things we can do in the area and opened a map even to show where everything is. He was caring and friendly and we felt very lucky to have our vacation in this amazing place and to be cared for by Luigi. - Yaara's review (September 2016)
3. Elena's getaway to Barcelona (Spain)The ideal plan of lots of travelers is to stay somewhere in the center of the city they visit and be just 5 minutes away from all the interesting places. If you add to this that Lluisa is an amazing host, you have the ultimate combination. Elena recommends you to stay in Lluisa’s home when visiting Barcelona, and it’s just 5 minutes from the Sagrada Familia!
Excellent location, just a 5 minute walk from the Sagrada Familia and less than half an hour walk from various iconic sites, plus 1 minute to different public transport stops... communication with Lluisa was easy, very natural and friendly, as if we had known each other of a lifetime, she is lovely and greatly facilitated everything being very attentive to all our needs. -Elena's review (September 2016)
4. Kati's family trip to Lisbon (Portugal)Silvia loves Lisbon and she loves to show it around to other travelers like Kati. Her sons really enjoyed playing in the terrace of the house while Kati and her husband were relaxing under Silvia’s lemon tree.
It has been perfect. She informed us that she couldn’t pick us up at our arrival and sent Marcelo to do so, he was super friendly and attentive. The location of the house was perfect: near the center and with a truly authentic Portuguese neighborhood. We had everything we needed. Everything was clean and well prepared. Thank you so much Silvia, we would like to come back. - Kati's review (September 2016)
5. Loughran's getaway to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)These last months we have been hearing a lot about Rio de Janeiro because of the Olympic Games of this year 2016 and we are very interested in this beautiful city, and what better way to do so than visiting this city staying at Roberto’s house, who really gave great advice to Loughran.
Roberto is an excellent host. We had contact both on email and spoke on the phone and Roberto was very concerned to make my stay as comfortable as possible. And it was. Great little city crib situated in the middle of Copacabana and close to the beach. I recommend it warmly. -Loughran's review (June 2016)
6. Mariví's trip to Andalucía (Spain)Staying in homes of other MyTwinPlace travelers is a great experience, but staying at different original homes makes it even a better experience. Mariví stayed in Carmen’s “Shell House” and has no doubt that discovering amazing houses like this is another way of discovering the world.
Our stay has been wonderful. The home is perfect and the hosts are lovely. The originality and the details in the construction of the house, the great taste in the decoration, the amount of corners that inspire peace and calm, the hosts’ warmth… All of this plus the Cabo de Gata surroundings! Amazing! Willing to go back when posible!!- Mariví's review (September 2016)
7. Rocío's holiday in Clare (Ireland)Who does not like wandering around lush forests? James helped Rocío and her family during all the trip providing information and advice so they could discover the best of the area and its nature.
A perfect location for knowing a beautiful area. James has improved a lot our way through the area with his advice. Especially successful recommendations on restaurants and shops. A very friendly and close person. Thank you so much! -Rocío's review ( August 2016)
8. Alba's family trip to Bilbao (Spain)Traveling with your family and staying in a home exchange house sounds perfect. Saoia exchanged her home with Alba and her family, who have enjoyed the comfort of a home. We are happy that you feel right at home!
Her home is really warm and it is well communicated. Even though Saioa was not home, her mother Maite welcomed us warmly, showed us the city, Basauri, and gave us some tips on how to move around the city and where to go to try the best dishes. Our rating is: excelent! We have no doubt that we will come back. -Alba's review (June 2016)
9. Patricia's trip to Alves (United Kingdom)Trips are great experiences for the little ones at home, it lets them discover the world as well as discovering themselves. And it’s because of that that we love seeing how they enjoyed their stay in other travelers homes. Patricia decided to stay in a tipi because she thought her daughters would love it as she explains in her review.
We had never stayed in a tipi and I thought it would be a great experience for my daughters of 5 and 10 years. It has mattress and eiderdowns and it’s very comfortable. Torsten offered his home for us to cook there and to use the bathroom. A wonderful experience. -Patricia's review (September 2016)
10. Fabiola's family holiday in Girona (Spain)A summer getaway before going back to routine sounds great to us. To Fabiola too, so she decided to visit Girona with her family and made the most of her last free days thanks to her host Jaume. We love to see how you enjoy your trips!
It’s such a wonderful place, and the kids really enjoyed the pool and the garden. In the house we had everything we needed, well-groomed and special,10/10. We really want to go back to Jaume’s home. Thanks Jaume, Xavi and Victoria, for being so nice! -Fabiola's review (July 2016)
We invite you to discover the homes for exchange in the MyTwinPlace community and, who knows, maybe they will inspire you in your next getaway!