With these language apps you will feel like a local on your next trip.To travel means discovering new places, new cultures, meeting local people and learning a new language. Yes, we know English can get you anywhere but you miss out on all the fun of learning a new language! Now it's easier than ever with the help of smartphones and apps. Here are the 5 best language apps.
1. Speak and translateRecord the person speaking and this app will translate what he/she is saying. Also, you can see the sentences in your smartphone, which will give you a better understanding.
2. MemriseLearning the basics of a new language with this app is so much fun. Memrise helps you to learn new words and sentences and helps you to memorize them with a game. It also adapts to your way of learning which is why we love this app.
3. World LensWorld Lens translates instantly the text from the pictures you take, which means than by only taking a photograph of a word or a sentence, you can easily translate it. World Lens can translate words and simple sentences but not long phrases.
4. DuolingoPractice your speaking, reading, listening and writing skills whilst playing a game! You'll improve your vocabulary and grammar skills by answering questions and completing lessons. Start with basic verbs, phrases, and sentences and learn new words daily. Duolingo also includes Klingon, a language spoken by the Klingons from Star Trek.
5. Professional TranslatorVery useful if you do not want to waste your internet data while abroad. This app offers more than 300 sentences translated by professionals and doesn't need any internet connection. And what's more -it has voices available in 18 languages.
Which language would you like to learn? Try one of these apps and practice it on your next trip with MyTwinPlace.