Don't get caught up in visiting the most popular cities. Take a look at these 5 most underrated travel destinations we have put together for you.
1. Iceland and Faroe IslandsLocated between North America and Europe and home of the Vikings. Iceland’s nature is astonishing with geysers, enormous waterfalls, natural hot springs etc. And let’s not forget the breath-taking Aurora Borealis and midnight sun, a natural phenomenon where the sun remains visible at midnight. After a long day of sightseeing the best way to relax and unwind is at the Blue Lagoon, a natural spa located in a lava field with a temperature of 37–39 °C (99–102 °F). We also recommend you explore the spectacular surroundings of Iceland by taking a cruise to the Faroe Islands, an archipelago of small islands with views that will leave you speechless.
2. KarnatakaKarnataka is a state in southwest India with Arabian Sea coastlines which combines scenic views and wildlife with great shopping and nightlife. Enjoy open beaches and undiscovered caves at Gokarna, explore the nature and wildlife of the Bandipur National Park or visit the magical Hampi located in northern Karnataka, a temple town recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
3. Martinitque IslandThis French island is surrounded by the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, so you can experience the water in multiple ways, from a kayak to a sailboat to a canoe. In the centre of Martinique Island there is a semi-active volcano, Mount Pelé, around which the island’s inhabitants live. The volcano is located in the Réserve Biologique Intégrale and on clear days it offers a magnificent panoramic view.
4. BavariaGreat food, top-notch beer, outstanding museums, Alpine vistas. Yes, you’ve guessed it we’re talking about Bavaria. Known as the Free State, it is located in southeast Germany and extends up until the Alps. Nearly every Bavarian town has a medieval castle, and one of the most famous is Scholss Neuschwanstein Castle in the town of Füssen. It’s one of the main German attractions as it inspired the castle in Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty. The Alte Pinakothek, the main repository of Old European Masters, is a must-see museum and if you want to enjoy authentic Bavarian beer do not miss the Hofbräuhaus.
5. South AfricaIts cultural mix, urban sophistication and breath-taking sceneries is what makes South Africa one of the most internationally renowned places on the African continent. A route across South Africa is one of the best ways to make the most of this country. We recommend taking a bit more time to visit Cape Town. Emerge yourself in its history and culture, and visit its enchanting beaches and mountains from which you can get a bird’s eye view of the city.
We've discovered these 5 great escapes for you, all you need to do is pack your suitcase and discover them for yourself!